Main Forum
Joining the Csillan Rose site
Anyone can join the Csillan Rose site- we're a Chiss community and everyone is welcome to join!

You don't need to be a member of the <House Hado> guild or the Csillan Rose's in-game community! You're free to post wherever you'd like on the forums- from...

News Disney announces a Westworld-like, fully immersive Star Wars resort

2 replies
Votes:
+414
Level 18
LEVEL 18
VTM: Camarilla
If you were excited for Star Wars Land, now officially called Galaxy’s Edge, Disney’s theme park division has an announcement for you.

Disney confirmed today it is working on a fully immersive Star Wars experience for visitors to walk around, eat, drink and sleep in. It’s a hotel — but one that requires its guests wear Star Wars-inspired uniforms and gear. Images of space will be projected outside windows giving a fully immersive feel to the entire building.

Bob Chapek, chairman of the Walt Disney Parks and Resorts division, introduced the concept during the parks’ panel.

“It’s unlike anything that exists today,” Chapek said in a press release from Disney. “From the second you arrive, you will become a part of a Star Wars story! You’ll immediately become a citizen of the galaxy and experience all that entails, including dressing up in the proper attire. Once you leave Earth, you will discover a starship alive with characters, stories, and adventures that unfold all around you. It is 100 percent immersive, and the story will touch every single minute of your day, and it will culminate in a unique journey for every person who visits.”

Disney released the first concept photos for the resort, which can be seen below, and what’s immediately noticeable about it is how many Star Wars characters are interacting with guests.

Think of it like Westworld — but hopefully without the negative aspects that can accompany a trip to Westworld. Visitors will pay to immerse themselves in a world that is not their own and with enough attractions to last multiple days, according to Chapek. It’s difficult to say for sure with such little detail, but the Star Wars-themed resort seems to be something that the most diehard of Star Wars fans will want to check out.

There is currently no opening date for the Star Wars-themed resort. Galaxy’s Edge, Disney’s new 14-acre Star Wars-based park, will open in 2019.

sw_resort_2.0.jpg

<Darth Machina >Low and behold good people of Ebon hawk. She who spins the webs of fate has delivered onto me a symbol so that you may revere her and spread her dogma. Her symbol is that of a ficus over a delicate web. LONG MAY SHE REIGN! She is a divine arachnid who projects a ficus image to hide her true form from the unworthy. Her chosen are protected by her divine power and can revel in her eight legged blue splendor.
Posted Jul 16, 17 · OP
Votes:
+1
Level One
LEVEL 1
This sounds amazing. I'll have to see if I can arrange a surprise visit for my husband once it launches!
Posted Jul 17, 17
List
Undo
Votes:
+16
Level Two
LEVEL 2
i'm curious how they're going to handle guest attire , like is it going to be how some ren fairs handle it with costume rentals or if they'll allow guests to bring in their own stuff. If they do let guests bring in their own stuff the Rebel Legion and 501st members will certainly have a blast
tumblr_nkjuy7nmqg1rn30dgo1_540.png
Posted Jul 19, 17
List
Undo
NoticeNotices